Prior to 1910, Comox Logging brought all their logs down by rail and dumped them in the Tsolum River, and then the logs were taken down the river and made into booms, and then shipped over to the Fraser River. Then Comox Logging decided that wasn’t working good. So they made the rail across the Puntledge River right down behind those Puntledge Terrace buildings, and the rail bridge went right through Courtenay and right clean down to just this side of Royston and that’s where all the logs were dumped into the bay. So there was a bridge across the river and the rail went right down behind the Native Sons Hall and the Filberg Centre parking lot. That train went through Courtenay with all those logs, right across Fifth Street every day and the work train went up there.